Facilitated by the P-16 Center, the Indiana University School of Education and the Kelley Executive Partners at the Kelley School of Business have come together to offer the Indiana Effective Leaders Academy (IELA). IELA is an initiative developed to strengthen the skills and relationships of public school leaders. School principals in high performing schools and low performing schools are coming together to learn new skills geared at improving educational outcomes and sustaining high quality instruction long term.
Goals of IELA School Transformation:
- Introduce the key principles and concepts of world class schooling and the urgency that exists in our current educational climate
- Teach the action and vocabulary necessary to lead change
- Introduce the necessary methodologies and techniques that will develop internal capacity and commitment for effective school leadership
- Provide a framework for managing and driving for results
- ldentify and teach the strategies for stakeholder collaboration & sustainability
- Teach the necessary foundations for effective learning (mathematics and literacy)