The application for the 2018 Balfour Pre-College Academy is not yet open. We will release the application 1 February and close the form on 30 March 2018. If you are interested in attending, please provide your contact information by completing the form at the end of this page and a representative from the Balfour Scholars Program will respond.
The 2018 Balfour Pre-College Academy (BPCA) is scheduled for Sunday, July 8 through Saturday, July 14, 2018. Balfour's second week option will take place from Saturday, July 14 through Friday, July 20, 2018. The second week of the academy is available for a portion of the students participating in the first week of BPCA who are interested in the selected subject area each year. In the 2017 BPCA, the second week of the academy was focused on STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
Transportation is provided from select IU regional campuses depending on student representation from that region. Previous pick-up locations included IUPUI, IUN, IPFW, and IUSB.
- High School Junior
- Enrolled in a college preparatory curriculum (Core 40 Diploma or Core 40 with Academic Honors Diploma in Indiana)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher
Before You Apply
- Obtain a completed PDF version of your most recent high school transcript. This document will need to be uploaded to your application.
- Respond to the three questions below. Your response to each question should be one paragraph in length. These paragraphs may be copied and pasted into your application.
- Describe an experience that has impacted who you are as a person. What is special, unique, distinctive, or impressive about you or your life story?
- Share with us why you want to attend college.
- Why are you interested in attending the 2018 Balfour Scholars Pre-College Academy?
Your application will consist of five parts:
- Biographical Data
- Additional Information
- Personal Statement
- Letter of Recommendation