The application for the 2020 Balfour Pre-College Academy opens 1 February and closes March 31, 2020.
The 2020 Balfour Pre-College Academy is scheduled for Sunday, July 5 through Saturday, July 11, 2020.
The second week of the academy is available for a portion of the students participating in the first week of BPCA who are interested in the selected subject area each year. The second week of the academy has focused on STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
The Balfour Pre-College Academy is for students who are:
- High School Juniors
- African American, Latinx, and/or indigenous/Native American
- Enrolled in a college preparatory curriculum (Core 40 Diploma or Core 40 with Academic Honors Diploma in Indiana)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher
*Before You Apply*
Obtain a completed PDF version of your most recent high school transcript. This document will need to be uploaded to your application.
Respond to the three questions below. Your response to each question should be one paragraph in length. These paragraphs may be copied and pasted into your application.
- Describe an experience that has impacted who you are as a person. What is special, unique, distinctive, or impressive about you or your life story?
- Share with us why you want to attend college.
- Why are you interested in attending the Balfour Scholars Pre-College Academy?
Your application consists of five parts. Please complete ALL parts or your application will be incomplete!
- Biographical Data
- Additional Information
- Personal Statement
- Online Recommendation Form--link will be emailed to your recommender